Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A strange analysis

A strange thought recently came to my mind - to represent different cycles of different scales (small scale cycles within medium scale cycles, which are again within large scale cycles) in such a way that all the results are positive (individual and cumulative).

I think there are endless ways to do this - however I tried to do it mathematically. I tried write a single mathematical function and managed to compile one using exponential and sine functions

f(t) = [Base1 sin (t*360/A)]*[Base2 sin (t*360/B)]*[Base3 sin (t*360/C)]

The Base controls the amplitude of the cycles while the constant factors control their frequency.

However the single mathematical function did not give the result. But the moving average trend-line revealed the cycles.


Big cycles, medium cycles, small cycles - as I had wanted.

Enough of such strange analysis.


:-)

S


No comments: