Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Geometry: on space, structure and form

Use of Mathematics in form and proportions

I took a simple geometric proportion (1:2:4) and two geometrical figures (cube and sphere) . I juggled a bit with these and ended up in modern reconstruction of a traditional mosque structure (part of undergraduate thesis).

Mathematics, especially geometry is so helpful in ordering spaces and in structuring.












Some romanticism was involved in this blog as I suddenly remembered the old stuff I worked on during undergraduate - geometry, spaces, forms, structures and plans. :-P

However I have learned, through a sequence of fortunate and unfortunate events, geometry and also mathematics which is related to composition and arts is something very difficult, too vague and is beyond my scope.

:-)

S

No comments: